Want a cool neon sign for your home or basement bar? Top neon signs can work as a great art piece or night light. They can be intimidating to those who are not familiar with the culture.
What Is Neon Lighting?
Neon lights are electric lamps. Neon lights produce light from a cold cathode device filled with neon gas. The color of the light depends on the thickness of the glass tube that contains the neon gas.
If you are looking for a guide on the best neon lighting products then keep reading. We reviewed hundreds of reviews & picked the best neon lights.
1. LDGJ Cocktails and Dreams Neon Light Sign Home Bar Pub Recreation Room Game Lights Windows Glass Wall Signs Party Birthday Bedroom Bedside Table Decoration Gifts
- Sturdy construction
- Super bright
- Features include on/off switch
- Indoor and outdoor use
This is one of my favorite items to bring to my home bar. It’s made of super bright acrylic, so no matter what color your room is, this neon will add some great effects as it sticks out.
The sign is easy and quick to assemble, and it just requires some simple screws to be secure and ready for its new home. It’s non-glass and will be sure to look terrific even if its dropped once or twice. It’s extremely durable and high quality, and will not need to be replaced anytime soon!
2. Isaac Jacobs 15" x 9" inch LED Neon Pink Rose Flower
- Measures 15 inches long
- Bright LED batteries
- Comes with a USB port
- UL approved
- Available in 4 different colors
- Very reasonable price
- Fluorescent bulbs tend to be bad for your health
- Batteries need to be replaced frequently
With their unique charm and traditional look, the Isaac Jacobs 15" x 9" inch LED Neon Pink Rose Flower with Green Stem Wall Sign offers a nice accent to your bedroom and makes for a great gift idea.
When you order, two things arrive – the sign and a power cord that is used to connect to the free USB output that is already found on most electronic devices. It is very easy to use: just plug it in to a USB port and it will start blinking.
Thanks to the special filaments inside it, this N95 rated product is not as dangerous for your health as traditional neon signs are. The item is UL approved for indoor use only.
3. Neon Light Paradise Sign White Beer Bar Sign
- Quality Construction
- The neon light is striking
- The hanging chains add a nice touch and makes it easy to hang.
- The size is smaller than most neon signs but it serves its purpose.
4. Handmade Ice Cream Neon Signs LED Neon Light Sign Boards
If you want something unique and highly visible, neon signs are the way to go. To make sure that you have the perfect light sign for your home or business, I have researched some of the most popular light signs on the market so that you can choose the best one for your needs. Whether you are looking for something for a commercial use or to make your home look nice and welcoming, one of these signs will help you add a great amount of personality to your place and will usually be pretty affordable to boot.
The ice cream sign is one of the coolest signs out there because it looks fun and is also versatile, meaning that it would look great virtually anywhere you decide to hang it out. This particular ice cream sign is hand crafted in the USA and comes equipped with a beautiful vintage design that would look great in a bar, cafe, home, office, or restaurant. It is 24” tall, 12” wide, and comes with a detachable base for easy installation. The sign itself is made out of high quality wood and has been painted neon in a variety of bright colors with a touch dimmer so that you can be sure you can adjust the level of brightness according to your needs. This is a cool looking sign which is hand crafted by an artisan in the USA, so it will certainly make a statement wherever you decide to hang it out.
5. Neon Lights Do What You Love Neon Sign White Office Bar Sign 14 x 9 Inch Neon Light Sign
- Great price
- 4 mounting options: magnet, Velcro, tape, or screw
- Ideal size for home or bar
- Makes a great gift
- Can be charged for continuous lighting or turned on and off
- The plastic is a little bendy
- Be sure to order the right color light bulbs to match the sign. Incandescent bulbs may be brighter, but they’re not recommended for use with this sign.
Available in a huge array of colors, this sign – from the manufacturer Neon Light – serves as a greeting for visitors, an attention grabber for an event, or even as a nightlight.
The sign is small enough to not be obtrusive, but it packs a punch in terms of bright light, whether it be red, green, blue, or purple.
The sign can be set to whatever color you prefer, and it can even be turned on and off. Furthermore, it can be hung from the wall, be made to float above your bar, or even simply sit on a flat surface. You can also type your own personal message onto the sign and it will be made to order.
6. Gritcol Pink Balloon Dog Neon Signs Wall Decor Night Light Man Cave Beer Bar Restaurant Love Gifts 11"x11"
- Available in many neon color options
- Great for bars and restaurants
- Can be hanged on the wall or stand freely
- Lengthy cord for easy plug in
- Some have struggled to get the light to turn on
- It’s quite heavy
These will make a fantastic addition to a bar, restaurant, man cave, or home. The pink balloon dog neon sign is very large and can be placed on the wall or it can stand freely.
The length of the cord is long enough to make it easy for you to plug it in near or far from the outlet. Customers really enjoy the look, especially when it’s lit up. They also like how large it is, especially because it’s light weight.
One complaint is that they struggle to get the light to turn on, but the manufacturer has a troubleshooting guide to help you out.
7. Neon Signs Coffee Cup LED Sign LED Neon Light Sign Coffee Bar Beer Pub 10" 8.6"
- Great detail and size
- Bright and Lightweight (only 10 lbs)
- Easy to change letters or message
- Attractive price
- Different sized letters
- Can break easily
Want a magical lighting feature for your bar or home? Check out these awesome neon signs! These high-quality signs are a fun and inexpensive way to add some excitement and color to your decor. These signs appear to be three-dimensional so the letters float over your bar. Or your own living room.
It’s so easy to change the letters; you just pop them out and flip them around. They’re perfect for greeting your guests, enticing people inside, or just making your home more fun and exciting. Or maybe you want to draw attention to your special coffee (hence the coffee cup sign).
8. Urby 20"x16" It's 5:00 5 O'clock Somewhere Parrot Handmade Real Glass Neon Sign
- Beautiful quality
- Big size that’s sure to get a reaction
- Comes in three different sizes
- Little bit pricey
- A tad heavy
- The wiring parts aren’t great quality so make sure to have a skilled electrician assemble it
The Urby neon sign is a stunning sign with a great design for a bar or the home. It is hand carved and tested for quality so you don’t have to worry about any duds. The seller has an amazing rating on Amazon for the quality of their product so you can rest assured that you will get a high quality product.
The neon tubes are made from actual neon gas. Since it is made out of real neon gas the colors are far more vibrant than a traditional LED. The colors will remain bright for years to come as well.
Another great feature is the design. This neon sign looks great in a bar or kitchen and can really pull a fun atmosphere together.
9. Neonetics 4CACTUS Cactus Neon Sculpture
- Very cool looking cactus at home or in a bar
- Great gift idea
- Lights can be switched on/off at any time
- Fantastic conversation piece
- Great Price
- You can close the lights when no in use
- 3-5 feet long depending on the size order
- Offers you bright colors
- Reset if you may use
- Over time, it will be marked by light
- You will notice light shades in some spots
- Not ideal for larger spaces
- Only works on flat surfaces
- Doesn’t light up a whole room
Neonetics full color, digitally controlled, easy to use light bulb is truly a work of art. The sensational new LED cactus light is exciting, entertaining, and colorful. This light bulb is a great addition to bars or homes since it comes with a light switch. You can turn the lights on or off when you want to without having to plug and unplug the lights.
10. Led Neon Sign Beer Bar 'Let's Get Weird' 7.9" x 10.6"
- Great deco for restaurants and recreation rooms
- Neon signs can make a room more stylish and eye-catching
If you really love neon signs for bars or just to decorate your home, this lovely beer sign will make you smile every time you see it.
The Cool Neon sign measures 7.9" x 10.6", so it's pretty big. The sign is a great way of bringing some fun and joviality to your decor.
Don't let the size fool you, this sign is very light, so you can move it anytime you want. It's easy to read as well, and the bright blue color stands out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you make your own neon sign?
Some larger establishments have some sort of a neon sign that’s patched in. But, at-home signs don’t really feel the same until you can make your own. However, neon is expensive. So, it’s a great time to get creative and join the maker movement by making your own.
For those looking for some ideas on how to get started making your own neon sign, check out Instructables’ guide. They walk through all of the different steps of setting up your workspace and what you need to make it a success. You first need to select your design, and then you can get started on the actual process.
How much does it cost for a neon sign?
I can't find a website with a good selection.
Are Neon Signs Dangerous?
Neon signs have been around for decades, and there are conflicting opinions on whether they are dangerous or not. For patio tents, the little bit of UV light they emit is no cause for concern. For neon signs glowing outside or in the window of a home, the UV light can be dangerous, so many people believe.
However, for home signs that cover large windows (like a "WELCOME" sign) it’s actually recommended to have UV protection in the windows. This can be done by installing UV filtering curtains like the ones from the link below. Or just by using a roomdarkening shade.
Which city has the most neon signs?
New York City has had the most total signs, neon or otherwise, since the 1920s, when neon was first gaining in popularity. New York currently has about 3,000 total street signs, while Las Vegas, the second city, has 2,000. Las Vegas is also home to the most neon signs per capita, with one sign for every 300 residents.
Another fun fact: while still in use, there have been more neon signs in Vegas than any city in the country. In fact, Vegas is populated with so many neon signs, that they have a unique zoning code that requires all signs to be eye-level with the sidewalk.
A neighborhood bar, pool hall, or restaurant’s neon sign can be one of their major marketing tools. Most customers –going by – won’t spend too much time there, and a single sign is their only experience with your place. Nevertheless, it says a lot about the kind of place you are, and the signs give potential customers something to remember and think about when you’re not there. Choose wisely and well.