Here is our comprehensive round-up of the best LED strip lights on the market right now.
If you’re looking to upgrade your home entertainment systems and add ambiance to any room in your house where ambient lighting is needed, then surely you’re looking for the best LED strip lights available for your home.
These are commonly used in theaters, in bars, in clubs, and in homes as under cabinet lighting as well as in display shelves, and in so many other uses. So if you are expecting to revamp your room, you may want to consider buying an LED strip light.
These are really easy to install, and there are many different designs and colors.
Take a look at the best LED strip lights available, and if you like what you have seen, go ahead and buy one.
The good thing with this type of home lighting is that it can be fitted almost anywhere around the home or office. Whether it is directly on floors or in ceilings, you can find long lengths of lights already cut to size and fitted with adhesive tape ready to install.
1. LE LED Strip Light White
- Extra Long 16.4 foot LED Strip Light
- Can be used in many different applications
- Long lasting LED strip
- Dimmable per individual LED
- Comes with 3M tape
- IP65 Waterproof
- Uses 12V AC Adapter or DC power
- Super Bright LED Lights
- The colors do not match the color temperature described.
- The wire is not sturdy
Photo Source: Amazon
The LE LED Strip Light is a flexible 16 ft. light strip. Each segment is about 24 inches long and is shorter than the ones on Amazon
The LED strip is waterproof and does not require any extra housing. You have to peel off the silicone cover to expose the adhesive.
2. Luminoodle Color Bias Lighting
- The Luminoodle gives you the option to choose the color of your light. Pick between 15 different colors and brightness levels.
- The Luminoodle is a flexible light strip that you can bend to fit your space and decor.
- The LED strip is safe for both indoor or outdoor use, and won’t burn out even if you use it 24 hours a day.
- It’s an eco-friendly way to make your home or office look fantastic.
- The Luminoodle comes with a remote that you can use to turn your light on and off, create the perfect lighting for movies and gaming, adjust the brightness, or switch up the color combinations.
- The Luminoodle comes with 3 different modes: color, timer, and music. You can pick from a white light setting to a mood setting if you want certain rooms to match the way you’re feeling.
- The Luminoodle is specifically built for TV lighting and its color accuracy means you won’t get the distracting effects caused by the bluish light on most other LED strips.
The limited warranty for the Luminoodle is kind of disappointing. It gives you 90 days to review the product and get a refund, but after that, you’re on your own.
3. Set of 4 LED Light Strip Bar
- Indoor and outdoor use
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
- Energy efficient
- Easy installation
- Buyer reports that one strip failed after a few months
- Some reviewers reported that these strips don’t stick well to rubber or painted surfaces
- A little on the pricey side
This is a stylish set of LED lights that mount easily under any cabinet, countertop, and shelf, as well as side tables, desks, as part of lighting fixtures and more!
The lights are flexible and transform easily into the shape you need. They are double-sided, which means they can be used in almost any corner you want. They are easy to peel off and transfer to another place.
Under-counter lighting doesn’t have to be boring anymore. These flexible light strips are a breeze to install and add a touch of class to any bar, kitchen, or countertop that you want to illuminate.
4. Black PCB TV Backlight Kit,Computer Case LED Light,eTopxizu 3.28Ft Multi-Colour 30leds Flexible 5050 RGB USB LED Strip Light
- Available in different sizes
- LED lifespan: 30000 hours
- It’s waterproof and doesn’t get hot
- Lights can be connected in series
- Mini controller comes with it for easy customization
- Can be cut according to your needs
- Some LEDs that sometimes don’t work
- Not adhering well to smooth surfaces
The eTopxizu LED strip lights are what I’d recommend to anyone who’s looking for flexible LED lights. The kit comes with a mini controller with an adhesive back that makes it easy to stick to any surface. You can connect it to a USB cable so you can plug it in directly to your computer, laptop, TV, DVD, and more.
According to other buyers, the lights are very bright and efficient at emitting light.
With the mini controller you can change the colors of your LEDs with just the touch of a button. Its smooth surface makes it easy to adjust the length of the LED lighting to however long or short you want them. They’re very handy and economical because you can use them just about anywhere that needs some light.
5. Nexlux LED Strip Lights
- Smartphone app control
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- 16 feet of lights
- Six color options
- App needs work
- WiFi could be better
These are actual strip lights which you can easily cut to custom fit your space. They come with magnets on the back so you can stick them to various surfaces like walls, tables, counters, etc. I personally have used them for a wall of paper lanterns.
The lights come in six colors: blue, red, orange, green, white, and warm white. The warm white lights are actually very close to natural daylight, making them great for reading, or setting an appropriate nighttime lighting tone.
6. LED Strip Lights
- Available in white only
- There are 48 colors to choose from
- You can dim the lights or turn them completely off
- You have a range of about 25 meters
- It gives you the option of static or color changing lights
- There is no timer feature
- The lights are a bit expensive
24 Key RF Remote Controller, Full Spectrum, Dimmable, Vivid – Multi Colors, White, Warm White, Cool White, White & Pink, Purple, Green (RGB+W+WW+P).
7. OxyLED Motion Sensor Closet Lights
- Each light beam is adjustable
- Comes in A LOT of colors!
- Cheaper in the long run than replacing batteries
- Can be used as lights for closets, cabinets, stairs, and anywhere else you need some light
- Easy to install and super bright
- Makes noise when turned on
- You may experience some light spots
8. Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Smart Light
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to set up through the Philips Hue app
- Control the lights with your smartphone
- No additional power required
- Fairly expensive
- Could require new light sockets if you’re remodeling.
The Phillips Hue White and Color Ambience LightStrip Plus is an awesome waterproof lighting strip for indoor or outdoor use. Just about any space can be colored, even the water. The lights are controlled through an app on your smartphone and are easy to set up. No additional power is required. There is a built in Wi-Fi hub and all you need is a Philips Hue device (which is also included in some versions of this lightstrip). This smart light works with Alexa, HomeKit, and Google Assistant. This light strip can be linked to your music, dinner time, and more! You can even make your home feel like it’s outdoors.
Some people actually go as far as to use outdoor strip lights to bath their entire pool in blue light, which gives a submerged feeling.
9. Tingkam 65.6ft 20 M Waterproof 5050 SMD RGB LED Flexible Strip Light Black PCB Board Color Changing Decoration Lighting 150 LEDs Kit + 20 Key Remote Controller+ 6 A US Power Adapter
- The operating temperature is from -40°C to 75°C, meeting the widest range of application
- It is made of high quality PCB board, waterproof, it is sufficient for everyday wear and all weather conditions.
- No flashing, non-flickering, no noise
- The way to connect it with the power adapter is very creative. it is very convenient to operate
- The LED strip lights are meticulously sealed with waterproof shell for extra protection.
- Low power consuption, energy saving, eco-friendly, no radiation, safety and reliability.
- It is a high efficiency LED light, It's apparent color temperature is 4000K-4500K, look very warm and natural.
- Installation is very simple, you can cut the strip lights to fit different applications.
- You can connect it together at any lengths.
- This is a perfect decoration for home, bar, restaurant, garden, lawn, balcony, fence, tree, car, boats and so on.
- It is a bit expensive, and for a person with no experience in DIY, it may be not easy to install.
10. LED Strip Lights
- Long 49.2-foot cord allows for easy and flexible setup
- 100% waterproof, water-resistant, and high temperature resistant
- Customizable in multiple colors and modes
- Tunable white and color temperature
- No delay or flicker
- Decent price
- Not as bright as other similar LED strips
- Still has a noticeable amount of delay and flicker
Considering the price of this KWLAN 15-meter 5050Rgb we were quite impressed with the assembly and use. This strip light is ideal for a large number of projects, from simply lighting up large outdoor areas to accent lighting.
In our test, we found the KWLAN 15-meter 5050Rgb to be quite bright and suitable for illuminating items like sculptures. “The color lighting is excellent. I love that I can program different colors and modes. The light is bright enough for my outdoor purposes. Great product and excellent price.” said one of our reviewers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can LED strip lights be used outdoors?
This is a somewhat vague question. Although most LED strip lights are not rated for outdoor use, they can more or less be used in a variety of environments. Still, it’s important to keep in mind that some lights are not built to withstand sun exposure, moisture, or rust.
If you decide to use it outdoors, it’s best to invest in a waterproof, rust-resistant style. Be sure to protect the lights as much as possible based on where you choose to install them. Also, as the lights require electricity, it’s a good idea to make sure you have an outdoor, grounded outlet.
Which brand of LED strip lights are the best?
We can't really answer that question because there are so many brands out there. A few recommendations of brands to check out are:
That said, there are a few basic things to look for when shopping for these lights:
- 1200 lumens per light
- 60 LEDs (ideally 64)
- Infrared sensor or motion sensor
- IP65 or higher waterproof rating (for outdoor use)
- The above three lights would meet these requirements, and they're all affordable!
Where should LED strip lights be placed?
LED strip lights are simple and versatile. You can add them almost anywhere to illuminate just about anything. You can string them up above furniture, your favorite plants, on cabinet doors, and you can also use them to accent edges. I love to add a small strip of lights to my curtains on both sides. It creates a soft, illuminated border when the lights are turned on.
When placing lights on the wall, be sure not to place them too high. It might be tempting to place large, bright LED lights high on the wall or on a shelf. However, the closer the light source is to your eyes, the brighter the light will appear from your perspective. The optimal position for the light source is about even with your eyes.
What are the best LED lights for bedroom?
As discussed, the cost of indoor LED lights have dropped significantly and they are now affordable to the point that we can put them just about anywhere we have a wall outlet.
Here are some good recommendations if you want to place some cool lighting in your home:
- hallway lights
- LED closet lights
- LED cabinet lights
- ambient-light accent lights
- LED shower lights
- bathroom lights
Outdoor and indoor led strip lights are the perfect lights to use when you want to illuminate a certain area. Today, led strip lights are best for lighting up a certain area in your home, or where you need them the most. Depending on the product, color temperatures can range from 3000K to 6000K. They are available in either White Light, or RGB color. RGB color will run a little more expensive, but there are numerous options in this color temperature that may interest you.